I have been working on Vineyards 16 on and off for the last couple of weeks. Challenges began with my first attempt with this piece. The yellow fabrics that I had originally selected for this work looked great in the pile. However, once I had a few sections sewn together I could see that it was not visually going where I had hoped.
I realized that value changes in the background are not successful. The pallete needs to be fairly saturated or a consistent value. Value change is necessary in the narrow lines and or stakes for the art to work. Even though I had put in some time with the initial start, I didn't feel bad abandoning the piece and starting over. I was able to identify what was not working and began again. Here is what I have completed so far:
This was the last week for my Working in a Series 1 Class with Lisa Call. It has been a fast and furious couple of weeks for me personally. Peter and I had a trip previously planned for Kauai that we just got back from. We had a great time and loved the sunshine and all that Hawaii has to offer.
Before I left, our last assignment was to create a piece that focused on Repetition. I started playing with some sketches and ideas in my journal and came up with a plan for a piece that considered all the things that we had studied over the last 10 weeks including repetition.
Share My Work!